Monday, May 7, 2012

Transition Week Continued


The rest of my transition week workouts are as follows:

Friday:
4 mi run (9:28 min/mile);   A nice easy short run.  I felt good for the most part, though I’m still getting a little too fatigued toward the end, as evidenced by looking at my Pace/HR ratio. 
I was not able to get to the pool today.  The AC in our house went out yesterday, so I had to wait at home today until the repairman came.   The AC is now fixed, but the repairman didn’t leave to after 1:00pm, and the Kid Zone at the Y closes @ 1:30 on Fridays and is not open on Friday afternoons.

Saturday:
8 mi long run (9:56 pace);  I started off feeling pretty good (that’s pretty much been the theme for this week), but my pace really dragged off the last three miles.  My pace/HR ratio changed 13% from 1st half to 2nd half of the run.  That really needs to be below 5%.  I’m obviously not where I need to be, from a running standpoint, at least not based off this week’s runs.  Luckily I have some time to correct this problem.

Week Totals:
Run: 25 miles/4:06:55
Bike: 0 miles/0:00:00
Swim: 1.1 kms/0:27:00
Total Time:  4:33:55
TSS for the week: 351.1

No comments:

Post a Comment